When to go and how to get there
Cabo Frio is a reference when it comes to the Lakes Region. This municipality has a great visual and infrastructure. Cabo Frio is also generous with fans of yachting – the winds are very strong there – and diving, which find rich marine life.
When to go?
In the high season months, December to February, the weather is hot and the city and its beaches are always crowded. It is not a very pleasant time due to “overcrowding”.
During this summer season, and especially on New Year’s Eve, January and the carnival season, the beaches are full and there is a lot of congestion in much of the city. When searching for accommodation, it is advisable to do everything in advance.
During periods of long holidays and school holidays, too, the region is usually very crowded.
If you want to avoid crowded beaches and inflated prices, avoid these periods.
Throughout the year the temperatures are pleasant and warm. What should be taken into account is the number of tourists. If you don’t mind full beaches, visit in high summer, but if you enjoy something more “private” choose the “low” seasons (March to May or August to November).
After that period, from March to May, the climate is still warm, the waters are still pleasant (although they are always cold throughout the year) and the beaches and main attractions are much more empty, which allows a period of tranquility to visit the city. region.
In the winter period there is still a pleasant climate, but with a lot of wind and very cold water (characteristic of the region, but in summer it is possible to circumvent this aspect).
> Check the weather forecast in Cabo Frio, visit the link .
> If you want to make a hotel / hostel reservation in Cabo Frio, visit the link .
How to get?
By car: the journey to the Region of the Lakes begins after crossing the Rio Niterói Bridge, with access to the BR 101 and then to the Via Lagos (RJ-124), this is privatized and there is a toll charge (check prices at : rates . It is worth remembering que on weekends the traffic to the region is very heavy and large traffic jams are common, traffic is more relaxed on weekdays and outside of holiday periods or extended holidays 2 hours turns into a 7 hour trip..
By bus: the company that operates this route is 1001, check values and see information on the link .
To buy tickets you have 4 options :
1) Call: 4004-5001
2) Access the company’s internet purchasing system :
TO BUY ONLINE
- Indicate the locations of origin and destination and the date of travel without accentuating. Then click on “Continue”;
- You will be directed to the sales environment of the JCA group. Choose the time of most interest by clicking on the desired time and service;
- All steps will be registered in the shopping cart, on the right side;
- After choosing the time (s), and click on “Next”;
- Click on the desired armchair (s), and click “Next”;
- On the next screen, you must fill in the fields with the identification (Full Name and ID) of who will be traveling;
- In the payment step, you must choose the credit card banner, include the cardholder’s data and choose the installment method.
- Very important: ALWAYS PLACE THE EMAIL OF WHO WILL RECEIVE PURCHASE CONFIRMATION.
- After completing the operation, wait for the “voucher” (proof of purchase) to be displayed.
- The operator’s screen does not serve as proof of ticket withdrawal – WAIT FOR THE VISUALIZATION AND EFFECTIVE VOUCHER PRINTING.
- Ticket collection can only be done at one of the company’s own branches, at a bus terminal
( Source )
4) Buy at the company’s window at the bus terminal
By plane: the small Cabo Frio Airport (CFB) is an alternative that is not yet viable for those who want to arrive by plane to the Lagos Region. Commercial flights are very limited and still costly, not a good option for most tourists looking for the region. The only airline operating to Cabo Frio is Azul Linhas Aéreas.
Confira viagens pelo Brasil e pelo mundo.
Você escolhe o destino e a gente te guia.
Separamos dicas e o passo a passo para você planejar sua próxima viagem. Uma vez que você começar, não vai mais querer parar.
Não deixe de viajar porque está sem tempo de planejar. Nós do Soul Viajero criamos o seu roteiro, e você se preocupa somente em fazer as malas, viajar e relaxar.